Where I live in Canada, it has been a blizzard for the past 24 hours. Extremely windy, rainy and snowy. I had to venture outside today, and I got bone-chillingly cold. To remedy, I am going to make myself a vegan chai. I adapted a few recipes to get to my preference, I recommend that you do the same to find your perfect chai.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp Loose leaf black tea (mine came from my good friend’s mom who bought it at an Indian grocery store)
- 2-3-star anise pods
- 4-6 cardamom pods
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger (powdered or fresh)
- 1 tsp honey (or to taste)
- ½ cup almond or oat milk (or whatever milk you prefer)
- Boil the water.
- As the water boils, in a mortar and pestle, combine the herbs.
- Steep the tea and combined herbs for 3-4 minutes. Strain out the tea.
- Warm the milk, do not boil.
- Combine tea and milk.
- Add honey to taste
What your cold day remedy?